ESSENTIAL FACTORS WHICH CONTRIBUTE TO HEALTH AND LONGEVITY
When it comes to optimal health and wellbeing, a lot of factors come into play. And although you probably can’t eliminate your chances of developing certain diseases and conditions entirely, there are steps that you can take to reduce your risk. A few simple and straightforward lifestyle changes can help you improve not only the quantity but also the quality of your years. Although these changes are relatively basic, once you implement them, they can have a profound effect on your overall health.
Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Through studies over the course of numerous years, researchers have uncovered just how essential maintaining a healthy weight is for your overall health. Maintaining a healthy weight reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, arthritis, diabetes, depression, Alzheimer’s disease, and many other medical conditions. A healthy diet is a significant factor in maintaining a healthy weight. Some of the basics of eating for optimal health include:
- Consuming whole grains rather than refined sources of carbohydrates
- Eating a wide variety of multi-colored fresh fruits and vegetables
- Choosing foods low in saturated fat and free from trans-fatty acids
- Consuming protein from clean and lean sources
- Avoiding processed foods, especially those with poor quality fats
- Limiting sugar consumption
- Choosing foods free of chemical additives and preservatives
Following healthy eating habits is not only useful for maintaining optimal weight, but it may offer additional protection against other diseases.
Avoiding a Sedentary Lifestyle
Being physically active is essential. Studies confirm that people who are more sedentary have a shorter lifespan. In fact, reducing the average time you spend sitting down to less than three hours per day may actually increase your life expectancy by two years. Although it is difficult to avoid sitting down for prolonged periods, especially if your work on a computer, especially if you work on a computer, make sure to take frequent breaks by standing up and get adequate daily exercise. .
Exercise also has some significant anti-aging effects, as proven by many clinical research studies. Mitochondria, the energy-producing powerhouses of human cells decline as you age, but exercise can trigger mitochondrial rejuvenation and growth in numbers, Consequently, exercise may reverse a significant age-associated mitochondrial loss and, in effect, provide an effective anti-aging benefit.
Employing Other Essential Elements
Diet and exercise are not the only essential factors which contribute to health and longevity. Many other things can be implemented to ensure that you will be optimally healthy. A few recommendations that will help improve your overall quality of health include:
- Adding healthy anti-inflammatory and anti-aging foods to your diet
- Getting enough sun exposure—vitamin D is essential for optimal wellbeing
- Avoiding genetically engineered crops which are sprayed with glyphosate-based herbicides that can contribute to disease and early aging
- Ridding your body of toxins acquired through food, air, and your environment through drainage and detoxification support
- Attending to dental care and hygiene
- Getting adequate quality sleep
These recommendations and more form the basic tenets of optimal health. They are lasting, time-tested foundational strategies that will endure, no matter what improvements modern science develops. If you need customized recommendations and support, contact a wellness professional today to get help creating and establishing the foundation of your overall wellness plan.