Every therapy session is unique, just like every individual and...Read More
Preventative Care Information and Wellness Guide
A wellness professional recognizes the benefits of preventative care and maintaining an optimal physical condition as part of a lifestyle program for excellent health and longevity. A medically-based wellness program can help you incorporate overall strategies for wellbeing into your lifestyle. Knowledgeable and friendly wellness consultants can help you design a comprehensive plan and make personalized recommendations about how you can incorporate healthy living protocols into your current routine.
What is Wellness?
Wellness is an active process involving awareness and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. A state of physical, emotional, mental, and social wellbeing, wellness is not a destination but a journey in itself. It is much more than being free from illness, it is a dynamic, self-directed, and ever-evolving process of conscious change and growth aimed at achieving your full potential.
Dimensions of Wellness
There are various dimensions of wellness, and each one is interrelated with the others. Each wellness dimension is equally crucial in the pursuit of optimal health. You can reach an optimal level of wellness by understanding how to achieve, maintain, and optimize each of the dimensions of wellness. They include:
- Physical wellness, which relates to maintaining a healthy body and seeking the appropriate care when needed. Physical health can be achieved through exercise, eating well, getting adequate sleep, and noticing illness and getting help when necessary.
- Emotional wellness, which relates to understanding your feelings and coping with stress effectively. It is essential to attend to:
- Stress reduction
- Development of inner resources to help you learn and grow from experiences
Social wellness, which helps you perform social roles effectively and comfortably, and create an adequate support network.
Spiritual wellness, which allows you to develop values and seek meaning and purpose. Spirituality can be represented in many ways, but being spiritually healthy means knowing which resources to use and when to use them in everyday life.
Environmental wellness, which inspires us to live a lifestyle that is respectful of our surroundings and to live in harmony with the Earth.
Whether you’re looking to achieve optimal health and wellbeing, or wish to up your game on your already healthy wellness routine, wellness professionals offer a variety of services to help. Services include:
- Customized nutritional programs
- Dietary supplement recommendations
- Women’s health services
- Men’s health services
- Health assessments
- Training and educational courses and workshops
- Presentations on a variety of wellness and health topics
- Fitness programs
- Sleep disorder evaluation and treatment
- Laboratory and hormone testing